Re: [Xen-devel] bogus wrap check in xen-netback

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 12:35:11PM +0200, Olaf Hering wrote:
> Am Wed, 25 Apr 2018 11:31:25 +0100
> schrieb Wei Liu <wei.liu2@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> > My bad. Yes, they are converted to int, not unsigned int.
>
> Hopefully that happens only if the target is int, not if all involved
> variables are short.
>
> Unless there are objections I will prepare a patch to deal with RING_IDX
> being u16.

RING_IDX is a type defined in the public header -- I don't think you can
change that at all. You don't know what third party drivers rely on
that.

If you want to change the type locally in netback, then why? Aren't you
just debugging?

In that light, I don't see a point having a patch to deal with u16.

Wei.