Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen-users] xen_pt_region_update: Error: create new mem mapping failed! (err: 22)

On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 10:28:14AM +0000, George Dunlap wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 9:59 PM, Håkon Alstadheim
> <hakon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I'm trying, and failing, to launch a vm with bios = 'ovmf' under xen 4.10.
> >
> > The domain launches OK as long as I do not pass any pci devices through,
> > but with pci devices passed through,
>
> Anthony,
>
> Does OVMF support PCI pass-through yet?

I don't think OVMF cares if a PCI device is pass-through or not. Does
the VM works with bios=seabios ?

There is maybe somethings wrong with the way OVMF handles PCI devices
that doesn't work with pass-through.

Håkon, could you add the following in the VM config? With that, we could
get some logs from OVMF:
device_model_args_hvm = [
  '-chardev', 'file,id=debugcon,mux=on,path=/tmp/OVMF.logs,',
  '-device', 'isa-debugcon,iobase=0x402,chardev=debugcon',
]
(Feel free to change the path.)

Thanks,

--