Re: [Xen-devel] Commit moratorium to staging

On 11/01/2017 02:07 PM, Ian Jackson wrote:
> So, investigations (mostly by Roger, and also a bit of archaeology in
> the osstest db by me) have determined:
>
> * This bug is 100% reproducible on affected hosts.  The repro is
>   to boot the Windows guest, save/restore it, then migrate it,
>   then shut down.  (This is from an IRL conversation with Roger and
>   may not be 100% accurate.  Roger, please correct me.)

I presume when you say 'migrate' you mean localhost migration?

Are the results different if you:
- only save/restore *or* migrate it?
- save/restore twice or migrate twice, rather than save/restore + migrate?

Going through the save/restore path suggests that there's something
about the domain that's being set up one way on initial creation than on
restoring/receiving from a migration: i.e., something not being saved
and restored properly.

An alternate explanation would be a 'hitch' somewhere in the 're-attach'
driver code.

 -George