Re: [Xen-devel] Commit moratorium to staging

On Wed, Nov 01, 2017 at 04:17:10PM +0000, Roger Pau Monné wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 01, 2017 at 02:07:48PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > * Affected hosts differ from unaffected hosts according to cpuid.
> >   Roger has repro'd the bug on an unaffected host by masking out
> >   certain cpuid bits.  There are 6 implicated bits and he is working
> >   to narrow that down.
>
> I'm currently trying to narrow this down and make sure the above is
> accurate.

So I was wrong with this, I guess I've run the tests on the wrong
host. Even when masking the different cpuid bits in the guest the
tests still succeeds.

AFAICT the test fail or succeed reliably depending on the host
hardware. I don't really have many ideas about what to do next, but I
think it would be useful to create a manual osstest flight that runs
the win16 job in all the different hosts in the colo. I would also
capture the normal information that Xen collects after each test (xl
info, /proc/cpuid, serial logs...).

Is there anything else not captured by ts-logs-capture that would be
interesting in order to help debug the issue?

Regards, Roger.