Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] [Draft Design] ACPI/IORT Support in Xen.

Hi Sameer,

On 10/30/2017 11:33 PM, Goel, Sameer wrote:
On 10/12/2017 3:03 PM, Manish Jaggi wrote:
5. Parsing of IORT in Xen
--------------------------
I think a Linux like approach will solve the following use cases:
1. Identify the SMMU devices and initialize the devices as needed.
2. API function to setup SMMUs in response to a discovery notification from DOM0
    - We will still need a path for non pcie devices.
    - I agree with Andre that the use cases for the named nodes in IORT should
be treated the same as PCIe RC devices.
3. The concept of fwnode is still valid as per 4.14 and we can try reuse most
of the parsing code.

Manish, I looked at your old patch and had a couple of questions before I
comment more on this design. From an initial
glance, it seems that you should be able to hide SMMUs by calling the already
defined API functions in the iort.c implementation
(for most part :)).

I am wondering if we really need to keep a list of parsed nodes. Or which use
case apart from hw dom IORT mandates this?
I want to see the parsing separated from the generation. This means we need a list of parsed nodes for the IORT.

As we have them in hand, I was thinking to re-use them than lookup the IORT.

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall