Re: [Xen-devel] [BUG] xen_gntdev - gntdev_vma_find_special_page - unable to handle kernel paging request

On 30/10/17 09:05, Arthur Borsboom wrote:
> Hi Juergen,
>
> I needed to wait until the VM guest crashed again, so that caused this
> delay.
> I have extracted the hypervisor dmesg and the dom0 dmesg which can be
> found in the PasteBins.
> It is always the same domain crashing, if that is of any help.
>
> Xen hypervisor dmesg: https://pastebin.com/Y9fv0Ey0

Aah, interesting. Do you happen to configure your domains with maxmem=
larger than memory= ?

I'm asking because the error messages seem to be related to another
problem introduced in kernel 4.13 which is fixed in 4.14. This problem
should be avoidable by setting maxmem= to the same value as memory=
in the domain config of HVM domains.

BTW: your hypervisor parameters are containing "dom0pvh=1". You should
remove it as PVH support has been reworked and is not yet working for
dom0.

Juergen