Re: [Xen-devel] q35 support in Xen

On 17-09-19 13:35:19, Alexey G wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 10:49:12 +0800
> Yi Sun <yi.y.sun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On 17-09-15 23:12:58, Alexey G wrote:

> > > Sorry, had a lot of work recently -- so far I've managed to submit only
> > > the bugfix for mentioned xen-mapcache issue with emulated AHCI DMA I/O,
> > > which was a main prerequisite for Q35 on Xen.
> > >
> > > Right now I need to rebase Q35 support patches on recent changes --
> > > there were multiple commits to related parts of code in both Xen and
> > > QEMU while Q35 patches were initially made for Xen 4.8.0 (which I'm
> > > still using at the moment). I'll try rebasing Q35 patches on this
> > > weekend, hopefully there will be no big differences with 4.8.
> > >
> > Thanks a lot for the update! Do you have a plan for the whole feature?
> > When do you expect all changes can be submitted or get merged?
>
> Will send the whole set this week, once I refactor patches and write

That is great. Thank you!

> descriptions for them -- for at least one patch it will be a lenghty one,
> I'm afraid. Most Q35 support patches are depend on each other, so it's
> easier to send them in a single batch (one for QEMU and one for Xen in
> fact).

Per my experiences, it would be better to split big patch into several small
pieces so that reviewers are easier to understand. Maintainer Wei, Liu provided
a good method before: you can write what the patch does into commit message,
then you can find if it is possible to split it into some small patches.
Hope it can help.