Re: [Xen-devel] x86: PIE support and option to extend KASLR randomization

On Thu, 24 Aug 2017 14:13:38 -0700
Thomas Garnier <thgarnie@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> With the fix for function tracing, the hackbench results have an
> average of +0.8 to +1.4% (from +8% to +10% before). With a default
> configuration, the numbers are closer to 0.8%.

Wow, an empty fentry function not "nop"ed out only added 8% to 10%
overhead. I never did the benchmarks of that since I did it before
fentry was introduced, which was with the old "mcount". That gave an
average of 13% overhead in hackbench.

-- Steve