Re: [Xen-devel] Regarding changing memory for DOM0

On 11/08/17 09:55, Andrii Anisov wrote:
Hello George,

Hello,

On 11.08.17 10:16, George John wrote:
I checked with xen version 4.9, Still the error for the filesystem
persists. What seems to be the problem?. I am attaching the log for
the above error and also the dts file I am using.
I've looked through the log and it is the same as on my table. Yes,
nfs-root can not be mounted with this configuration. With root on MMC
this setup will work.
This issue should be debugged, but I have my hands full so can not do it
now.

The only thing I see from this point that this setup has less memory
under 4GB (640MB vs 752MB). Theoretically lack of DMA-able RAM can lead
to network malfunction.
So the question is if it's a real cause, and why XEN does not allocate
whole under-4GB RAM to dom0.

The kernel should really be able to deal with memory below and above 4GB. Otherwise the problem would be exactly the same on baremetal as the board support seems to have bank above 4GB...

The first step here is to check that NFS is working on baremetal. I don't remember if this has been yet done.

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall