Re: [Xen-devel] stage1-xen for Fedora

CC'ing xen-devel in case somebody else in the community has a better
answer for you

On Tue, 1 Aug 2017, Rajiv Ranganath wrote:
> Hi Stefano,
>
> I was wondering if you had instructions on building stage1-xen on Fedora?
>
> If so can you please share.
>
> Thank you!

Hello Rajiv,

It's great to see interest in the project! I haven't tried building
stage1-xen on Fedora yet, but I don't think it should be very different
from building it on Debian or Ubuntu. Please refer to BUILDING.md.

The main thing that will be different is the list of dependencies you
need to install to build Xen. On Fedora it should be (I am using
Raisin[1] as a reference):

  make gcc python-devel gettext libuuid-devel ncurses-devel glib2-devel
libaio-devel openssl-devel yajl-devel patch pixman-devel glibc-devel
bridge-utils grub2 wget tar bzip2 glibc-devel.i686

Similarly, the list of dependencies to build QEMU will be different:

  make gcc glib2-devel pixman-devel zlib-devel

Finally the list of dependencies to build rkt will be different, but in
this case I don't have a pre-made list for Fedora, but it shouldn't be
hard to find the corresponding packets for golang automake libacl1-dev
and libsystemd-dev.

stage1-xen per se has only busybox-static and jq as dependencies that
most probably are simply called "busybox-static" and "jq" on Fedora too.

Let me know if you find any issues! I would be very happy to take a
patch (or pull request) for BUILDING.md to document how to do this on
Fedora.

Cheers,

Stefano

[1]: https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Raisin