Re: [Xen-devel] Xen on Intel Atom E3815: crash, no output

On 01/08/17 00:39, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I noticed that Xen does not boot on Intel Atom E3815. The system is a
> Dell Edge Gateway 3003:
>
> http://i.dell.com/sites/doccontent/shared-content/data-sheets/en/Documents/Dell_Edge_Gateway_3000_Series_spec_sheet.pdf?newtab=true
>
> Grub2 loads Xen and Dom0, but no output comes out of Xen. After the
> character and the system obviously crashes, but I don't know why because
> there is no output. Before you ask, no I don't have a serial on the
> system.
>
> I tried to pass console=vga vga=text-80x25 and console=vga vga=ask, but
> I still got nothing.
>
> Do you have any ideas how to get some output on the screen? Do you know
> how to get Xen to boot successfully?

Sorry, but you are going to have to do some debugging.  If you can't get
serial, then you need to start with this:

mov $'A, 0xb8000

scattered around head.S

Do you know whether you are booting MB1, MB2 or MB2+EFI?  Swapping that
around at the grub level might be the first step.

~Andrew