Re: [Xen-devel] Question about "xen: Revert commits da72ff5bfcb0 and 72a9b186292d"

On 04/07/17 14:44, Jean-Louis Dupond wrote:
> Hi Juergen,
>
> We run Xen as dom0 with Windows domU's.
>
> Now with older 4.9.x kernels, we had BSOD's when we booted a domU with
> old Xen drivers in it.
> With the newest kernel (4.9.34), this seems to be resolved.
>
> I was wondering what caused this. And that patch triggered my attention :)

No, I don't think this patch can be the reason.

Which was the latest dom0 kernel causing failure? Or could it be you
upgraded the hypervisor or Xen tools at the same time and the kernel
version just doesn't matter?

Juergen