Re: [Xen-devel] [For 4.9] Updating https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_Project_Release_Features to reflect support status of new features

Hi, all

New Heading:  PV Protocols and Drivers
- PV Protocols and Drivers > pvcalls : tech preview or experimental
- PV Protocols and Drivers > 9pfs : tech preview or experimental
- PV Protocols and Drivers* > sndif (sound device) : tech preview or experimental - PV Protocols and Drivers* > displif (PV display) : tech preview or experimental

Let me update on PV development EPAM does (everything is
publicly available at the links below, primary source is [1]):

1. Multi-touch:
1.1. Protocol changes are already in both Kernel and Xen
1.2. Front-end support for multi-touch is on review, hope
it will be merged soon [2]
1.3. Backend support is part of our user-space display backend [3]

2. Sound
2.1. Protocol is already in both Kernel and Xen
2.2. We have a user-space backend [4], need to get it ready for upstreaming
2.3. Frontend is available at [6], need to get it ready for upstreaming

3. Display
2.1. Protocol is already in both Kernel and Xen
2.2. We have a user-space backend [3], need to get it ready for upstreaming
2.3. Frontend is available at [6], need to get it ready for upstreaming
2.4. DRM zero copy driver is available at [6], need to get it ready
for upstreaming

4. libxl/xl changes
We are working on adding support for mtouch/display/sound into libxl/xl
4.1. Display changes, patches on review [5]
4.2. Mtouch and sound are in progress, no patches yet

[1] https://github.com/xen-troops
[2] https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9805741/
[3] https://github.com/xen-troops/displ_be
[4] https://github.com/al1img/snd_be