Re: [Xen-devel] About the parameter list of tools/libxc/xc_domain.c:xc_domain_add_to_physmap()

On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 03:42:34PM +0100, Wei Liu wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 09:19:23PM +0800, Zhongze Liu wrote:
> > Hi Xen developers,
> >
> > In tools/libxc/xc_domain.c:xc_domain_add_to_physmap() the .size field
> > of the xen_add_to_physmap
> > struct can't be controlled by the caller through the parameter list
> > and wasn't explicitly initialized ( and
> > thus default to zero ). This implicitly prevents the caller from doing
> > an XENMEMSPACE_gmfn_range-
> > call. Is it a mistake or is it intentionally done so?
>

> The size parameter doesn't make much sense to me because you can only
> specify one gpfn in xen_add_to_physmap_t. I guess that's an oversight
> when designing the interface. But we couldn't change it once it was
> released.

After reading the code more carefully, it seems that you can specify the
size parameter to get Xen to insert mapping for gpfn + size pages in
guest address space.

We don't use the interface like that in tree, but you can change the
code to do that if necessary. Just introduce a new function.

In any case, the batch function should work.