Re: [Xen-devel] PCI passthrough of USB controllers on Xen 4.8.1, Linux 4.9.29, stubdomain

>>> On 02.06.17 at 12:57, <marmarek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> And in this case, dom0 also prints:
>
>     [   49.155606] pciback 0000:00:14.0: Driver tried to write to a
> read-only configuration space field at offset 0x82, size 2. This may be
> harmless, but if you have problems with your device:
>                    1) see permissive attribute in sysfs
>                    2) report problems to the xen-devel mailing list along
> with details of your device obtained from lspci.
>     [   66.247644] pciback 0000:00:14.0: cache line size of 64 is not
> supported
>     [   66.247646] xen_pciback: 0000:00:14.0: cannot enable
> memory-write-invalidate (-22)
>
> Enabling permissive mode doesn't change anything.

I doubt this - the first of the messages won't be logged in permissive
mode.

We'll also need to know what register there is at address 0x82
(possibly visible from a sufficiently verbose lspci in Dom0).

As to the latter two - lspci output may also help understand
what the issue with cache line size here is. A second source of
information may be lspci output for the device with its normal
driver loaded and attached in Dom0.

Jan