Re: [Xen-devel] Security response; public holidays [and 1 more messages]

Ian Jackson writes ("Security response; public holidays"):
> It would perhaps be possible to find a holiday calendar listing all
> known public holidays throughout the world.  But we are interested in
> public holidays affecting Xen Project community members.
>
> I was wondering if we should start a wiki page and invite community
> members to add their own local holidays.

I have now created this page:
  https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/HolidayCalendar

I populated it with holidays from my own jurisdiction, the UK, to
provide a skeleton.

Does that look about right ?  If so then we should send out a call on
xen-announce for community members to add their own dates.

The policy doesn't explicitly ask us to avoid holidays.  It talks
about a "usual starting point" and "reasons to diverge".  We have
usually treated public holidays (at least, ones which are widely
observed) as reasons to diverge and no-one seems to object to this
practice.

If anyone things this needs to be made more explicit in the policy, I
wouldn't oppose that, but personally I think what we have is OK.

> I suggest we set a reminder to send out a call for updates in around
> October of the previous year.

I changed this to September and put it in the bottom of the page.