Re: [Xen-devel] raisin and minios stubdom

2017. márc. 31. 16:15 ezt írta ("Juergen Gross" <jgross@xxxxxxxx>):
On 31/03/17 16:05, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:

>>> Why? I do like doing 'make' and 'make install' and it doing everything
>>> for me.

>> Because it means that xen build needs to download and build a lot of 3PP
>> components. Raisin is already designed to do so (it already builds qemu-xen,
>
> If you do 'make src-tarball' it will do that for you - and you can package
> all of that in a tarball.
>
>> qemu-traditional, libvirt and a few others). I think building anything
>> besides xen proper would fit its scope better.
>
> OK, but that does not square well with RPM build systems. Those are interested
> in building just one component (xen+toolstack+its extra pieces). Using
> raisin to build everything is not going to fly.
>
> (Also distros like to seperate componets out - so they build qemu-upstream
> seperate - which is used by Xen - and they could also do it for MiniOS
> if they were spec files for it and such).

There are only few stubdoms you can build without the Xen tree. How
would you do so for e.g. xenstore-stubdom needing the Xenstore sources
to be built? Several stubdoms need libxc built for stubdom included.
And you want to have a build error if e.g. a libxc modification is
breaking stubdom build.

Juergen
Hi,

Raisin already builds xen too, so it has all the dependencies ready. Regarding the problem of breaking stubdom build by libxc changes I think those can be prevented if we introduce osstests for raisin build. Maybe we should start with that, adding raisin to the osstest framework.
Opinions?

Cheers

Géza

Regarding building distro rpms or debs with raisin that was never the scope of it. Raisin intends to be a quick method of building xen + a set of tools related to it, primarily for development purposes (https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Raisin and https://blog.xenproject.org/2015/06/28/project-raisin-raise-xen/)

Cheers,

Géza