Re: [Xen-devel] [early RFC] ARM PCI Passthrough design document

On 19/01/17 05:09, Manish Jaggi wrote:
Hi Julien,

Hello Manish,

Please trim the quoted e-mail, it is a bit annoying to try to find where you answer.

On 12/29/2016 07:34 PM, Julien Grall wrote:
DOM0 will issue the hypercall PHYSDEVOP_pci_host_bridge_add for each host
bridge available on the platform. When Xen is receiving the hypercall, the
the driver associated to the host bridge will be instantiated.

I think, PCI passthrough and DOM0 w/ACPI enumerating devices on PCI are
separate features.
Without Xen mapping PCI config space region in stage2 of dom0, ACPI dom0 wont
boot.
Currently for dt xen does that.

So can we have 2 design documents
a) PCI passthrough
b) ACPI dom0/domU support in Xen and Linux
- this may include:
b.1 Passing IORT to Dom0 without smmu
b.2 Hypercall to map PCI config space in dom0
b.3 <more>

What do you think?

I don't think ACPI should be treated in a separate design document. The support of ACPI may affect some of the decisions (such as hypercall) and we have to know them now.

Regarding the ECAM region not mapped. This is not related to PCI passthrough but how MMIO are mapped with ACPI. This is a separate subject already in discussion (see [1]).

Cheers,

[1] https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2017-01/msg01607.html

--
Julien Grall