Re: [Xen-devel] boot from xen hypervisor

Hi

Please don't top-post and please don't send screenshot to mailing list
because it consumes a lot of bandwidth (every subscriber receives a
copy). ;-)

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 10:38:57AM -0500, Zvclproject Zvclproject wrote:
> Hi Wei,
>
> I have compile xen hypervisor from source code following the procedure in
> the wiki to install the xen from source code, my development environment is
> centos7
> uname -a
> Linux myxen 3.10.0-514.6.1.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Jan 18 13:06:36 UTC 2017
> x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> I compile the source code then I installed it after that I need to change
> the grub file of the centos such that I can boot to xen hypervisor and I
> must also install the DOM0 but I can't see the boot order in the  grub as
> following image depict

I'm not sure if CentOS 7 comes with a Dom0-capable kernel.

Debian comes with a Dom0-capable kernel. What I normally do on Debian is
run update-grub as root. Everything is handled for me.

Also CC George who is more knowledgable about CentOS.

Wei.