Re: [Xen-devel] PVH CPU hotplug design document

>>> Right, although my understanding is that the series is on hold until we
>>> come to agreement about what to do about dom0. But I guess if we agree
>>> that we'll have a single ACPI hotplug feature bit then we can go ahead
>>> with Linux domU patches without waiting for Xen ACPI support.

How would you test such Linux patches if the Xen side is missing? Or
am I misunderstanding the statement above?

>> My understanding is that the way forward now is to introduce this bit, use it
>> in your series and decide what we do with Dom0 when we get to a point that we
>> can start to test/implement vCPU hotplug there. There's still work to do
>> until
>> we can get to the point of simply booting a static no-hotplug PVHv2 Dom0.
>
> Jan, is that how you want to proceed?

Well, it's not just depending on my opinion, I think. As said, I could
live with the bimodal approach, but I'm not really happy with it.
Hence at least a second opinion (perhaps Andrew's, but others'
input would be more than welcome) should be waited for imo.

> If yes then do you want me to resubmit the series with CPUID support or
> should I wait for you to review v6
> (https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2017-01/msg00060.html)
> first?

Well, as you may have seen there've been quite a few patch series
submitted during the last days. With the desire to also work on my
own series, and with the need to also work on other stuff, I can't
really predict when I'd get to look at your or any other patches (it
is, to be honest, quite a bit discouraging to see so much stuff
being submitted for review, yet so little participation in reviews,
but that's not a new/unusual situation at all). Hence I think not
waiting for review of v6 would be more reasonable, unless
aforementioned further input gathering turns out to take overly
long.

Jan