Re: [Xen-devel] memory hotplug for domUs

On 20/01/17 16:54, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Juergen Gross writes ("memory hotplug for domUs"):
>> We first thought to enhance "xl mem-set", but after some more thinking
>> about it I'd rather add a new xl command, e.g. "mem-add" (we could later
>> even add "mem-remove" to support memory unplug).
>
> Why ?  Why would xl mem-set not automatically do the right thing ?

How would you specify the numa node to add the memory to?

Especially for removal of memory ballooning and hotplug are _very_
different.

> This problem with lack of support (and indeed requirementse to do
> hotplug things) is a detail that in the long term should not be a
> problem, and in the meantime can be dealt with by a force option.

I think it would be clearer with new commands for hotplugging. I
don't feel very strong about this, so in case everyone else is fine
with handling everything via mem-set I won't object.

Juergen