Re: [Xen-devel] IOMMU fault with IGD passthrough setup on XEN 4.8.0

On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 8:54 PM, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> On 17.01.17 at 11:49, <firemeteor@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> I was trying to figure out if I followed your instruction properly.
> My first attempt only resulted in a binary with similar size with my
> previous one.
> Probably something went wrong.
> I put my source under /nas/src/xen, and I have a /nas/src/xen/.config file
> for the
> python layout knob according to the wiki.
> My first attempt put th CONFIG_DEBUG=y line in the same file.
> But now I suspect if I should use /nas/src/xen/xen/.config (note the double
> 'xen').

Yes indeed, that's the one. And you shouldn't add a new line, but
instead edit the existing one (with CONFIG_DEBUG commented out).

Hi Jan, I think debug build works this time.
For unknown reason, debug version of hypervisor will cause domU hang if gfx-passthrough=1 is present (traditional device model).
But fortunately commenting out that line could still reproduce the IOMMU fault.
I was lucky to capture the full log before it fills up my 100MB ring buffer (in less than 2 seconds).
Please find the log in the attachment.

Thanks,
G.R.