Re: [Xen-devel] tool stack tool chain dependencies (again)

>> > If I'm not mistaken this requires we track tool chain requirements for
>> > all dependencies and their dependencies.  This is going to be
>> > unmanageable.
>>
>> Well, that (I think) depends on whether those other projects
>> document their requirements. If things are properly spelled out,
>> it shouldn't be that hard. And if they aren't properly spelled out,
>> perhaps it would be worth a try asking them to do so.
>>

> Yes, we can try that. Which external components that you find break
> easily? We can start with those.

I ran into the issue with the relatively recent ipxe update, and I've
been in a similar situation with qemu (upstream) a number of times
(going as far as finding it necessary to invent hacks to disable the
qemu upstream build automatically, as I don't want to always
manually invoke ./configure when re-basing my trees). I think there
was an issue at least once with seabios, too.

Jan