Re: [Xen-devel] SMBIOS UUID

Hello Andrew,

firstly, thank you for your answer. We have some software being moved from physical machines to virtual machines and we need to maintain those UUID's. I've been able to change the hvmloader to staticly change the UUID. It seems that xenstore uses fixed database scheme, so I guess I would first have to request a change in that scheme to also make it possible to specify product-uuid or similar in bios-strings and than it would be fairly trivial to use xenstore_* functions to get this and use it if specified.

If I understand this correctly, xenstore is under XAPI development? I can also provide the patch fro hvmloader to use this new xenstore propery in bios-strings.

It's fairly easy to change this in vmWare or HyperV.

Thank you and kind regards,
Dejan