Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.7.0 boot PANIC on kernel 4.7.0-4 + UEFI ?

On Wed, Jul 27, 2016, at 11:28 AM, Andrew Cooper wrote:
> > I'm not sure if that's good enough.
>
> Sadly not.  The debug symbols need to be specific to the exact binary
> you booted.
>
> Any change in the compilation will result in the translation being
> useless.  What addr2line is doing is saying "which specific bit of
> source code did the compiler/linker end up putting at $X".

Got it.  Weird that they don't put the .debuginfo rpms in there.  While I was
searching around kernel bug reports over at the distro there's lots of posts
telling people to debug.  Not sure then how you do it without the debug symbols.

Guess you have to build your own kernel.

That's one of the things I'm thinking of doing , along with Xen, eventually so
I don't have to waste days hoping packages get fixed when someone helps out
with a suggestion to try, like you did.  But I never got the "build it all
yourself" working when I tried awhile ago.

> I wouldn't worry too much - I expect (the lack of) the aforementioned
> changeset is the cause of your issues.

Ok we'll wait and see if there's an update to try, I guess.

Thanks.