Re: [Xen-devel] Kernel panic on Xen virtualisation in Debian

Monday, July 25, 2016, 1:27:20 PM, you wrote:

> On 25.07.2016 12:51, Wei Liu wrote:

>>> [...]
>>> yes we did. but nothing newer than 3.16 so far, we could try that,
>>> too.
>> There is a 4.5 backport kernel for Jessie. Or you can compile a Dom0
>> kernel with your config file. If you go down that route, I suggest you
>> either use the newest long term support Linux kernel (4.4 according to
>> kernel.org) or the latest stable kernel.

> I already tried kernel 4.5 from backports, but it was still crashing:

> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=804079#39

Hi Ingo,

Couldn't this just be a more generic Linux kernel issue
with the combination of ipv6, bridging and ndisc ?

Wouldn't be the first time that a config more common on systems running Xen,
would more prominently expose a kernel bug in the networking stack.

Have you brought this up on the LKML / netdev mailinglists already ?

--
Sander