Re: [Xen-devel] ACPI builder re-licensing

Boris Ostrovsky writes ("[Xen-devel] ACPI builder re-licensing"):
> Who needs to be notified
> ===============

NB that what is required is not notification, but permission.

> which indicated major contributions (and therefore a required ack) from
> Citrix/Xensource, Suse/Novell, Oracle/Sun, Intel.
>
> For the rest ("trivial" or "simple" is, of course, a matter of opinion):
>
> * debian.com is a single trivial patch to a Makefile
>
> http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=xen.git;a=commitdiff;h=83f34fdcdd26c3dcc793c571e7b75c705bd92e7a

You mean debian.org.  Of course debian.org is not the author here and
would not be the copyrightholder; Bastian Blank would be.  But I agree
that this patch is trivial.

> * Fujitsu provided two patches, one trivial the other not completely trivial
>
> http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=xen.git;a=commitdiff;h=e451db15ef6198f5d21b84618c833ac276087d70
>
> http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=xen.git;a=commitdiff;h=ab438874b6a8ae955b337c36e7b3204e29b8d407

This second patch is nontrivial and therefore we need approval from
Fujitsu.

> * net-space.pl is Daniel Kiper's (now, but not at the patch's time, at
> Oracle) ISP. The patch is
>
> http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=xen.git;a=commitdiff;h=37fddaa5fe1a7e369827e4b9e25cdae5df9b3d7d

This patch is not trivial in copyright terms, so we need Daniel
Kiper's approval.

> * redhat is one trivial patch by Paolo Bonzini that has been reversed later:
>
> http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=xen.git;a=commitdiff;h=e4fd0475a08fda414da27c4e57b568f147cfc07e

If the patch has been reverted then we are not proposing to relicence.
We need to be careful not to re-apply it without getting a new signoff
from Red Hat.

> * IBM one patch from Stefan Berger
>
> http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=xen.git;a=commitdiff;h=9fd9787b0e7995ac5f2da504b92723c24d6a3737
>
>   (plus what seems to inclusion of his work in
>
> http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=xen.git;a=commitdiff;h=883236e49a86a0174c6df61cac995ebf16d72b35)

The latter is rather sloppy practice :-/.

>   Also, ssdt_tpm.asl is explicitly copyrighted by IBM

So we need approval from IBM.

> * A bunch of patches from from Simon Horman at Verge

So we need approval from Verge.

> * xen.org are S-o-b by Keir, all from 2011.

I think those were work-for-hire by Keir with his XenSource/Citrix hat
on and are now owned by Citrix.  We should reconfirm with Keir.