Re: [Xen-devel] No graphics with xen pv and Fedora qemu

On Wed, 29 Jun 2016, Michael Young wrote:

I have been trying to trace a problem when using Fedora's qemu with a pv guest which is that no graphics are available. I get the errors

xen be core: xen be: watching backend path (backend/console/2) failed
xen be core: xen be: watching backend path (backend/vkbd/2) failed
xen be core: xen be: watching backend path (backend/vfb/2) failed
xen be core: xen be: watching backend path (backend/qdisk/2) failed
xen be core: xen be: watching backend path (backend/qnic/2) failed

in the qemu log file in /var/log/xen . So far I have traced it to rbd support in qemu, because qemu-system-i386 built with the --disable-rbd does have working graphics.

I tracked this down eventually. The failure is in tools/xenstore/xs.c in xs_watch when it tries to create a read pthread, because the initial stack size of 16384 is apparently too small with qemu with rbd enabled. I did get it to work if I increased the stack size to 24576.

        Michael Young