Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.6 script calling conventions

On Mon, Jul 04, 2016 at 01:07:51AM -0700, John Nemeth wrote:
> On Jul 2, 12:40pm, Wei Liu wrote:
> } On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 06:00:49PM -0700, John Nemeth wrote:
> } >      I'm trying to package Xen 4.6 (specifically Xen 4.6.3) for
> } > use with NetBSD.  I have it mostly done; however, when I try to
> } > create a domU, libxl goes into an infinite loop calling the scripts.
> } > If I try to create a domU with no network or disk, it works fine
> } > (albeit of rather limited use).  Have there been changes between
> } > Xen 4.5 and Xen 4.6 in the calling convention for the scripts?  Is
> } > there documentation on what is expected somewhere?  Please CC me on
> } > any responses.  Here is my domU config file:
> }
> } Can you give this patch a try? I don't have netbsd system at hand to
> } test it.
>
>      Thanks.  It pretty much did the trick.  I just had to make
> one minor change to your patch.
>
> } I suspect netbsd doesn't support stubdom because that pile of code is a
> } bit Linux centric, but it wouldn't hurt to prepare for it.
>
>      No, NetBSD doesn't do stubdom.  However, I would certainly
> like to NetBSD's support for Xen become equal to Linux's support
> (or better :-) ), so anything that makes that easier is a good
> thing.

You should be able to mostly use stubdoms on NetBSD (like you can do on
FreeBSD), it's just that you won't be able to compile the stubdom kernel
itself, the build system is too broken/tailored for Linux.

You can for example pick it from the Fedora xen-runtime package:

https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/xen-runtime/

Roger.