Re: [Xen-devel] error while compiling Xen from the source

i'm really confused
i build xen from the source in pc running ubuntu mate but while trying to do the same steps in order to build xen on other pc running 12.04 i got this error

this is the log where xen is build successfully

checking for python-config... /usr/bin/python-config
checking Python.h usability... yes
checking Python.h presence... yes
checking for Python.h... yes
checking for PyArg_ParseTuple in -lpython2.7... yes
checking whether Python setup.py brokenly enables -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE... yes
checking for xgettext... /usr/bin/xgettext
checking for iasl... /usr/bin/iasl
checking uuid/uuid.h usability... yes
checking uuid/uuid.h presence... yes
checking for uuid/uuid.h... yes
checking for uuid_clear in -luuid... yes
checking uuid.h usability... no
checking uuid.h presence... no
checking for uuid.h... no

checking curses.h usability... yes
checking curses.h presence... yes
checking for curses.h... yes
checking for clear in -lcurses... yes
checking ncurses.h usability... yes
checking ncurses.h presence... yes
checking for ncurses.h... yes

 and this is the log where the error is shown

checking uuid/uuid.h usability... yes
> checking uuid/uuid.h presence... yes
> checking for uuid/uuid.h... yes
> checking for uuid_clear in -luuid... no
> checking uuid.h usability... no
> checking uuid.h presence... no
> checking for uuid.h... no

> configure: error: cannot find a valid uuid library
> configure: error: ./configure failed for tools

the problem is there is no difference

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 3:47 PM, Wei Liu <wei.liu2@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 04:41:01PM +0200, Safa Hamza wrote:
> but in this case .. this error is back
>
> checking uuid/uuid.h usability... yes
> checking uuid/uuid.h presence... yes
> checking for uuid/uuid.h... yes
> checking for uuid_clear in -luuid... no
> checking uuid.h usability... no
> checking uuid.h presence... no
> checking for uuid.h... no
> configure: error: cannot find a valid uuid library
> configure: error: ./configure failed for tools
>
> despite i installed the uuid-dev package

You can read various logs (say config.log) to figure out what went
wrong. But even if you manage to fix that, the experience is not going
to be useful in general.

I'm afraid I don't have other further suggestions other than having a
clean and working build environment. Personally I use Debian, but I know
other developers who use Arch, Gentoo, Fedora, Ubuntu, OpenSuse and
CentOS. You can try to build xen in a clean installation of one of the
above.

Wei.