Re: [Xen-devel] xc_altp2m_set_vcpu_enable_notify fail

On Wed, May 04, 2016 at 08:59:35PM +0800, Big Strong wrote:
[...]
>  The code always stops at the xc_altp2m_set_vcpu_enable_notify, which is
> used to assign the new page as #VE info page. As I can't debug the Xen
> source code, I don't why xc_altp2m_set_vcpu_enable_notify always return -1.
> Any ideas?

libxc functions always return -1 when it fails. You need the specific
errno to know what went wrong.

I think it wouldn't be too hard to figure out which error code the
hypervisor returns and dig into the source code.

I don't have enough knowledge in altp2m. I'm afraid you need to either
dig into hypervisor code and read Intel manuals or wait for people who
are more familiar with the code to chime in.

Do you have any difficulty debugging Xen? We might be able to give some
pointers on how to do that.

Wei.