From: Dario Faggioli <dario.faggioli@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2016 3:21 PM
To: tutu sky
Cc: Juergen Gross; Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Xen does not work after changing scheduler's code

On Wed, 2016-04-27 at 14:58 +0000, tutu sky wrote:
> Thanks Dario,
>  and then, i don't understand what is your meaning by:
>
> "That's a valid use case, and there are people doing it a log, and
> you
> don't even need VMWare to do that."
>
> Do you mean that for developing/debugging three is no need for using
> vmware?

Exactly. Developing and debugging is a valid use case for nested
virtualization.

Nested virtualization means that you run an hypervisor (let's call it
level-1) as a guest of another (level-0) hypervisor.

What I think you are doing is using some version of vmware as level-0,
and then Xen as level-1.

And what I meant is that you can just use Xen at both levels.

Note that I don't know if it would be easier or harder, or in general
better or worse, to do so (as compared to what you are doing right
now). I only wanted to mention that it is possible.

This page may have more information (although, I'm not sure how updated
it is):
http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Nested_Virtualization_in_Xen

Dario