Re: [Xen-devel] [for-4.7] x86/emulate: synchronize LOCKed instruction emulation

On 19/04/16 17:35, Jan Beulich wrote:
>> I think this might be because the LOCK prefix should guarantee that the
>> instruction that follows it has exclusive use of shared memory (for both
>> reads and writes) but I might be misreading the docs:
>
> LOCK definitely has no effect on other than the instruction it gets applied
> to.

Sorry I wasn't involved in this discussion -- what was the conclusion here?

FWIW Andy's suggestion of using a stub seemed like the most robust
solution, if that could be made to work.

If you're going to submit a patch substantially similar to this one, let
me know so I can review the mm bits of the original patch.

 -George