Re: [Xen-devel] Remus and blktap2

Blktap2 was the first disk backend implementation. I moved Remus to DRBD because it had disk resynchronization support. For eg, when primary fails, backup takes over. When primary comes back online, DRBD would automatically resynchronize new changes from the backup disk to the primary disk and will continue to keep them synchronized.
At this stage, you have the option of starting Remus replication from backup to primary, or, migrating the VM back to the primary host and doing the primary to backup replication.

The DRBD support (last I remember) is quite out of date, because the Remus DRBD kernel module I wrote relies on an older kernel version (3.4?) and older DRBD code base (8.1 I think).