Re: [Xen-devel] [sh_eth.c] Problem in dma_map_single()

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 02:18:09PM +0900, Wonseok Ko wrote:
> Hi Konrad,
>
> In dma_capable(), it checks that mask, size and address of device.
>
> Currently, it dosen't pass to first condition code as below:
>
> if (!dev->dma_mask)
>
>                 return 0;
>
> It shows the device doesn't have dma_mask bit. So I tried to set the
> dma_mask bit in sh_eth.c
>
> My approaches:
> 1. I tried to set a mask bit(dev->dma_mask) to use
> dma_coerce_mask_and_coherent()
> in sh_eth_drv_probe(), but it doesn't work.

Are there any errors? What does dma_mask end up being?
> 2. forced set dev->dma_mask without kernel api. I passed to dma_capable()
> but driver cannot work.

Aha, what did you set it to? Do you have a diff?

> sh_eth driver want to get valid DMA descriptor to set DMA descriptor
> address for Rx and Tx.

Right, which it would plug in its driver registers so the card
can pick it up.
> I tried to set the some bits(such as dma_mask) to get valid dma address
> forcibly, in this configuration sh_eth cannot work.

Uh, not sure I understand. Or are you repeating what you mentioned
earlier?

> My question is if I want to get valid dma address with xen swiotlb(suchas
> map_page, set_dma_mask and so on)?

Well it all should work just fine - perhaps if you provide some
diff's and such I can help you along?