Re: [Xen-devel] Intel MID / CE4100 - platform support - pnpbios support ?

On Mon, Apr 04, 2016 at 09:01:06AM -0700, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> On 03/31/16 13:03, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> > Andy S, Peter, Thomas, Jiang (or who might know),
> >
> > Do Intel MID platforms exist with PNP BIOS support? What abot CE4100?
> > As it stands I don't see anything that would prevent this but I would
> > suspect a possibility might be that it doesn't. I'm sanitizing some
> > early boot code right now and pnpbios is one, and as I work on this,
> > this has come up as a question for me.
> >

> The "MID" platforms from a Linux platform perspective are the ones with
> SFI and DT bootloaders, respectively; by definition they don't have
> standard BIOS.

I see thanks, I ask as I'm currently removing a pnpbios replacing a
paravirt_enabled() check to a more general disable pnpbios x86 platform quirk
option, so far lguest and xen would use it but it would seem to me it was
worthy to ask if if MID and CE4100 subarchs also could have this set as well
then.

It sounds like then at least for Intel MID I can disable pnpbios as well
as a quirk as well. I can introduce that change separately in my series.

What about CE4100 ?

  Luis