Re: [Xen-devel] what will happen for a floated vcpu?

  • To: Dario Faggioli <dario.faggioli@xxxxxxxxxx>, xen devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: tutu sky <ooohooo_u@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 16:27:07 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 16:27:28 +0000

Thanks Dario,
Yeah, you are totally right, but software crashes are almost a result of
hardware faults. I mean if a part of a core for example register file or maybe
floating point unit or even ALU, suddenly stop working or does malfunction,
what will happen for the corresponding vcpu which it is running? Does that vcpu
crash (as a part of a software) or migrate to another core? You just please
imagine recoverable faults. Has Xen any plan for deal with such a situation?
what exactly will happen to that vcpu according to that fault (I mean what will
be done next)?

Thanks.