Re: [Xen-devel] Code-Review-Dashboard: Regarding Outreachy project on Improving CR Dashboard

Removed urgent, added xen-devel back in

> On 22 Mar 2016, at 11:47, Jesus M. Gonzalez-Barahona <jgb@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> On Tue, 2016-03-22 at 15:13 +0530, Priya wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Thank you for the introduction Lars.
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 3:13 PM, Lars Kurth <lars.kurth.xen@xxxxxxxxx
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> There are no Perceval based scripts at this stage yet. But maybe we
>>> can find some improvements.
>>> @Priya: What is your IRC handle. I think we ought to set up a quick
>>> chat, if possible. I am usually lars_kurth on #xendevel on
>>> freenode
>>>
>> I went through some of the existing scripts used, and in my
>> understanding - the project is to shift completely from existing
>> MLStats like scripts to Perceval. I have started working on my
>> proposal focusing around this idea, and I will be sharing it with you
>> shortly.
>
> Indeed, the idea is to switch from MetricsGrimoire (MLStats and
> CVSAnalY in this case) to Perceval backends. That means moving from SQL
> databases to ElasticSearch too.
>
>> btw, I am priya_ on freenode.
>
> I guess we were talking some days ago on IRC, right? (I'm jgbarah
> there).
>
>>> @Dani, @Jesus: could you find a suitable task. We can also consider
>>> extending the deadline by a couple of days.
>>>
>> This would be really great, as we are approaching the deadline soon.
>
> I guess a task to evaluate your proposal could be writting an script to
> use the Perceval email backend to feed data from the xen-devel mailing
> list to an ElasticSearch database, and annotating in it messages in the
> same thread.
>
> For identifying threads, you can use the Zawinski algorithm, https://ww
> w.jwz.org/doc/threading.html
>
> The result of the script would be an ElasticSearch search index, with
> one JSON document per message (it could be the same document produced
> by Perceval), with one extra field (property), with the same value for
> messages in in the same thread. The value could be the message-id of
> the first message in the thread.
>
> Priya, if you need, I could refine the definition of the problem.
>
> Lars, I removed xen-devel from the CC, just to avoid making noise. We
> can summarize later (but if you prefer all of this copied to xen-devel,
> just let me know).

As part of the objective of Outreachy is for participants to work in
the open and conduct open code reviews and discussions, please ensure
that xen-devel is added in future. I think we should mark emails related
to this project with "Code-Review-Dashboard:" in the subject line, which
means people who don't care can ignore the mails.

Also, reviewers, maintainers and committers expect to be CC'ed and will
either ignore or just scan mails that only go to xen-devel@

Regards
Lars