Re: [Xen-devel] Interested to participate in Outreachy Program

Hi Doug,
         I am done with building of xen source.Now, I have started looking at source files and identifying changes required for given task.

   As you suggested, I went through virsh command source to get idea how escape sequence char option is implemented. Based on that,I came up with following findings:
To complete this task, Steps will be

  1. Do help related change in libxl/xl_cmdtable.c
  2. Add handling of one more option for command 'xl console' in file xl_cmdimpl.c in method  main_console.  From this method, call is delegated to libxl_console_exec() in libxl.c
  3. libxl_console_exec delegates to execl(), Do some changes in this method.

Question/Doubts:
  •  Where I need to use this escape char?
  •  libxl_console_exec() is called by many methods Will it affect other flows as well?
  • Could not find execl method implementation where it actually prints data
  • Changes for handling escape char are not cleared
Can you please help me on this?
Regards,
-Sabiya