[Xen-devel] Storage Domain in Xen 4.4

Hey all,

I'm trying to get a storage domain up and running in Xen 4.4. I'm currently using Ubuntu 14.04 for the dom0, storage domain and guest. I'm currently following the steps here, http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Storage_driver_domains, but am not having any luck.

I received this dmesg error on the guest during start-up:
xenbus_probe_frontend: Timeout connecting to device: device/vbd/51715 (local state 3, remote state 2)

This means the guest (in state 3) is initialised and waiting for a connection from a peer, and the storage-domain (in state 2) is finished with the early initialisation but is waiting for information from the peer or hot-plug scripts. This would imply to me that there is a communication error between the xen-blkfront and xen-blkback drivers or an error in the scripts.

However, on the storage-domain I receive this dmesg:
[ 2987.170473] xen-blkback: event-channel 19
[ 2987.170761] xen-blkback: /local/domain/3/device/vbd/51715:using single page: ring-ref 10
[ 2987.171319] xen-blkback: ring-pages:1, event-channel 19, protocol 1 (x86_64-abi) persistent grants

Is this the information that the xen-blkback driver is waiting for? If so, why does it not continue through the initialisation process? If not, what information is the xen-blkback driver waiting for, and how do I ensure the front-end and back-end drivers will establish a connection?

I've attached the output of xenstore-ls and the dmesg outputs of the guest and storage domain.

Thanks in advanced,
Paul Mogren