Re: [Xen-devel] Running two vcpus simultaneously, on two different cpus

On Sat, 2016-03-05 at 06:03 +0000, tutu sky wrote:
> Hi all,

Hello,

First of all, please avoid HTML emails when posting to this list.

> I'm sara, a researcher, who trying to modify xen HV. This is my first
> question and i'm fresh in mailing lists, so hope i choose the correct
> list.

That's still unclear, even after having read this message.

You should state what is your actual _end_goal_. Only in that case we
can figure out if you're posting in the right list and, if yes, how to
help you.

> I need to create two or more identical vcpus and then run them on
> separate cores. I exactly mean that i want having two or more from
> one vcpu when creating and then run them together on different cores.

I don't understand what you mean with "two identical vcpus". What is it
that makes two vcpus identical (or different)?

> however i don't know from where i should start and what is the
> correct point or points of the project for me to concentrate? as i
> did some searches, i found out the scheduler may be a suitable place
> for begging.

Not if you're not more clear on what you want to achieve.

The scheduler, for example, can help if you want that two or more vcpus
_always_ executes at the same time, on different pcpus (in the sense
that you can modify it so that it will believe that way, it's not
something that is supported out of the box right now).

Is this what you meant with "having two or more from one vcpu when
creating and then run them together on different cores"?

Regards,
Dario