Re: [Xen-devel] Restoring FPU exception state

It may be but really shouldn't be. Setting viridian on by default for HVM
guests has been pretty safe for a long time.

> > in
> > general there's no penalty for doing so unless you're running some old and
> > buggy OS. If it's turned off then there's nothing Xen can do other than
> > continue to behave as it does now.
> >
> >> Plus - how would
> >> we know MS chose to fix their apparent issue?
> >>

> > Well either we'd hear about it or we can run tests on each new version of
> > Windows (it wouldn't be hard to add a specific test for this and add it
> > XenServer's automated suite).
>
> Well, if that also covers kernel updates for existing versions of
> Windows.

It should do; there's build number and service pack info in the OS id. I'd be
disappointed if at least one of these didn't change with a kernel update.

> But taking both together, defaulting the behavior based on the
> Viridian flag is certainly an option, just that we'd need an override
> both ways nevertheless.

Yes, there should definitely be some way to override the default choice.

  Paul