Re: [Xen-devel] HVMlite ABI specification DRAFT B + implementation outline

>>> It is possible to use the STAO to hide entire objects, including
>>> processors, from the DSDT, which should be good enough to prevent dom0
>>> from calling any of the processor related methods you are referreing to.
>>> Then we can let Xen do cpuidle and cpufreq as it is already doing.
>>>
>>> Would that work? Or do we still need Dom0 to call any ACPI methods for
>>> power management?
>>
>> We want two things at once here, which afaict can't possibly work:
>> On one hand we want Dom0 to only see ACPI objects corresponding
>> to its own vCPU-s. Otoh we need Dom0 to see all objects, in order
>> to propagate respective information to Xen.
>
> Could dom0 query Xen for the machine ACPI tables via a hypercall?

That would certainly be doable, but what would it do then with
these tables? Loading them just like other tables is not an option,
as that would result in a mess of name space collisions. And I don't
think abstracting ACPI CA to be able to deal with two independent
sets of tables would be very welcome on the Linux or ACPI side...

Jan