Re: [Xen-devel] HVMlite ABI specification DRAFT A

Roger Pau Monné, on Thu 04 Feb 2016 18:48:14 +0100, wrote:
>     struct hvm_start_info {
>     #define HVM_START_MAGIC_VALUE 0x336ec578
>         uint32_t magic;             /* Contains the magic value 0x336ec578
>    */
>                                     /* ("xEn3" with the 0x80 bit of the "E"
> set).*/
>         uint32_t flags;             /* SIF_xxx flags.
>    */
>         uint32_t cmdline_paddr;     /* Physical address of the command line.
>    */
>         uint32_t nr_modules;        /* Number of modules passed to the
> kernel.   */
>         uint32_t modlist_paddr;     /* Physical address of an array of
>    */
>                                     /* hvm_modlist_entry.
>    */
>     };

Mmm, don't we also need a description of the initial page table, so that
the guest kernel knows which part of the memory it shouldn't use until
having initialized its own page table?  Or is there none in the guest
physical memory at startup of HVMlite mode?

Samuel