Re: [Xen-devel] xenbits GitHub mirror?

On 1/27/16 9:18 AM, Lars Kurth wrote:

> Sorry, I have been a little bit unresponsive. Things were a little hectic
> in the last 2 weeks.
>

> On 27/01/2016 11:21, "George Dunlap" <George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>>> FWIW, I am +1 for setting up infrastructure like this, but lets do it
>>> properly.
>>>
>>> Lars: Thoughts?
>
> I don't mind if we had an official github mirror. In fact, it may make the
> project a little bit more accessible to the younger crowd.
>

>> Doug says that you can mark a repo as a 'mirror', which will prevent
>> people from being able to send pull requests to it; so I think my
>> technical objection has been answered.
>>
>> I think the idea is still only half-baked though, as I'm not sure how
>> having a github mirror will make it so that most mail has a git repo
>> you can pull from (which would be necessary to reach the ultimate
>> goal, making it straightforward to apply patches sent to the list).
>

> I would be good, if we could identify any workflow issues (e.g. such as
> the mailing issue raised here). Maybe some of the people who have hands-on
> experience with Github and mailing lists can make a few suggestions. We
> then should also consider adding this to the How to submit patches wiki
> page
>
> Lars

I've gone ahead and created https://github.com/xen-project/xen I've also
reached out to GitHub to make it an "official" mirror. I can have GitHub
setup a periodic pull from the repo (this might take some time) or we
can add a post-receive hook that pushes to that repo.(git push --mirror)

I've also reached out to Lars off list to turn over the 'xen-project'
organization over to him.

As an aside I know we've got osstest but I've like to utilize the free
service from Travis CI to run simple compile tests on each commit. This
could potentially be wired into osstest as well. (In my organization we
use Travis CI for simple tests on commits and when those pass we kick
off our more in depth tests).

--
Doug Goldstein