[Xen-devel] xen-4.6: xenstored crashes during domain->interface access

Hi,

while playing around with xen-4.6 I stumbled over an odd problem and am
wondering whether anybody has seen the same. A method to relatively quickly
reproduce this for me seems to:

- Start one domU (PV or HVM does not seem to matter)
- Repeatedly call xenstore-ls a few times

I think I never got beyond 10 repeats when the xenstore-ls call suddenly locks
up and xenstored crashes with a SIGBUS error. In the majority of cases (I think
I saw one different), the crash happens while accessing conn->domain->interface
in tools/xenstore/xenstored_domain.c:domain_can_read().
Looking at the corefile produced by xenstored I now got at least one case where
the pointer still matches the previously mapped value. Though I think I had also
at least one run (with less debugging added) where it seemed to be really wrong.
There is more info at [1] in case someone is interested.

I need to repeat a few more times to see how consistent the whole thing is. Does
this happen for anybody else? Any advice what I should look at (in the sense of
gathering better data)?

Thanks,
Stefan

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xen/+bug/1538049