Re: [Xen-devel] OVMF related osstest failures on multiple branches

On Wed, 2016-01-06 at 12:35 +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:
> The fly in the ointment of this theory is that the Jessie upgrade doesn't
> seem to have broken unstable in this way, for some reason, which is what I
> intend to investigate first.

One difference between all the failing versions and xen-unstable is that
unstable has a newer OVMFÂ52a99493cce8 (works) vsÂcb9a7ebabcd6 (fails).

It's possible there is a fix in there which would explain this, but its a
lot of commits to trawl through.

That said, one did stand out (below). A hang would correlate with a
complete lack of output (serial, vga) in the failure case (e.g. the 4.6-
testing one at [0]). Jessie is GCC49.

Next step is I'm trying 4.6-testing with the newer OVMF to see if this is
worth pursuing.

Ian.

[0]Â
http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/logs/76950/test-amd64-amd64-xl-qemuu-ovmf-amd64/info.html)

Ian.

commit 55e96f9c601781b8dc52c40747922f6ca3521f9e