Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC 0/3] xen/arm: Support XENMEM_exchange

>>> On 17.12.15 at 17:31, <julien.grall@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've looked at reworking XENMEM_exchange to avoid mfn_to_gmfn. My idea would
> be to allocate a temporary array to store the GFN between the two loops.
> However, the array would be quite large (the max default is 18 on ARM),
> so I don't know if it's acceptable.

This would quite clearly not be acceptable, yet I don't have an
alternative suggestion other then implementing M2P on ARM, which
you have already named as not an option.

Otoh I'm not sure what two loops you talk about - I find exactly
one use of mfn_to_gmfn() in memory_exchange(), and latching
the GFN earlier would be wrong (as it might change in parallel to
your processing).

Jan