Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] 66454: regressions - FAIL

On Fri, 2015-12-18 at 13:19 +0000, Andrew Cooper wrote:

> However, it is also wrong for OSSTest to be attempting to build a 32bit
> hypervisor on any branch since 4.3.ÂÂIt seems to me that there is a bug
> there as well.

It is doing a build because it wants the 32 bit tools and it just does a
make dist. This is perfectly fine behaviour IMHO.

> Independently of not falling over a missing defconfig, the following code
>
> ifneq ($(XEN_TARGET_ARCH),x86_32)
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ$(MAKE) -f Rules.mk _$@
> else
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂecho "*** Xen x86/32 target no longer supported!"
> endif
>
> Really needs to have an hard failure in it.ÂÂIn fact, that is probably
> the correct fix in this circumstance.

Nack unless make dist/world/etc are all fixed to do the right thing and can
be made to do so in an acceptable (i.e. no hackier than the above) way in
the common code.

Personally other than the message itself I don't think anything has to
change, i.e. it's not worth anyone's effort to fix what you are complaining
about.