Re: [Xen-devel] Garbled serial console output

On Thu, 2015-12-17 at 11:58 +0530, Harmandeep Kaur wrote:
> Hi,

Hello Harmandeep,

> I tried to setup xen serial console with this guide,
> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Serial_Console
>
> I am using RS232 -USB cable for this purpose.
> I am on Ubuntu 15.10 (4.2.0-19-generic).
>
> xl info http://paste2.org/F2UgY5yz
>
> My output is garbled.
> http://paste2.org/tZveaAGU

Ok. You also want to say what program, and with what
configuration/parameters, you are using to view the serial line output.

From what you said on IRC, I think that is this:

Âsudo screen /dev/ttyUSB8 115200

is that correct?

I don't have many ideas about what could cause the issue, and how to
fix it. Every time I've seen something similar to that it was due to:
Â- mismatch between the baud rate specified in screen command line andÂ
 Âthe one configured for Xen's console
Â- more than one screen session "attached" to the serial line

So, I'd first of all double check these.

You can also try something else than screen (I'm sure there are dozens
of terminal emulators on Ubuntu :-)), and see what happens.

Regards,
Dario